Human Resource Management (HRM):
About the Program
SF State Extended Learning offers two exciting programs for the HR field: an intensive Human Resource Management: Fundamental Issues Program and the Mini-Certificate in Human Resource Management for Non-HR Managers & Supervisors. These programs are designed to provide you with an opportunity to acquire critical information and skills to enhance your job performance and advance your career if you are already in the field, or develop a solid practical background if you are planning to enter the field.
- Learn from knowledgeable professionals in the Bay Area
- Gain new skills or enhance your current ones
- Achieve a basic practical understanding of the entire field and your best fit
- Improve your eligibility for promotions and salary increases
- Add professional credentials to your résumé
- Meet with others who face similar professional opportunities and challenges
Human Resource Management serves these key functions:
- Hiring (Recruitment)
- Evaluation & Management (of Performance)
- Managing Relations
Human Resource Management Faculty
Our faculty are practicing professionals with extensive experience in all aspects of the field, including work with major corporations, small businesses, government and non-profit agencies. Read instructor biographies in our Human Resource Management faculty section.
Eligible Training Provider List (ETPL)
This program is part of California's Eligible Training Provider List (ETPL), which provides employment training for adults and dislocated workers. Learn more about the Eligible Training Provider List.
The program is not eligible to provide the I-20 form for the purpose of receiving the F-1 student visa.
What Students Are Saying
"Great classextremely informative. Great exercises, as well."
- Darlene Ehsan, Discipline & Termination
"I greatly appreciate the instructor's ability to crystallize the breadth of her experience down into the key points of this course and present them with impact and wit. Her clarity, experience, and willingness to listen made this one of the most beneficial courses I've taken thus far."
- A Student, Formal Complaint Handling
"Great class! It taught me to make changes to create a more diverse work environment."
- Diane Russ, Diversity Management
"Great class! We learned how to bring savings to our companies."
- Debra Rucker, San Francisco Housing Authority, HR Management Systems, Summer 2003
"Recruitment & Selection provided good exercises. It made me get out of my shell a bit and experience an area I have never worked in. It had great flow from the beginning of recruiting cycle to the end."
- A Student, Recruitment & Selection
"I thought Recruitment & Selection was an excellent class. The instructor was very enthusiastic and kept us very engaged."
- Sharee Brend, Wells Fargo, Recruitment & Selection