International Business: Academic Credit Certificate
International Business Curriculum
Students must complete two semesters of course work from international business core and specialized courses. Students who have specific educational or career needs may be allowed to vary selection of courses in the program after consulting with and obtaining written approval from the program coordinator.
First Semester (12 units)
- IBUS 330 International Business & Multinational Relations (3 units)
- IBUS 681 Seminar in Comparative Management (3 units)
(select two of the following 3-unit area study courses)
- IBUS 430 Small Business Import/Export Management
- IBUS 531 Cross-cultural Innovation & Creativity in Business Management
- IBUS 591 Doing Business in Latin America
- IBUS 592 Doing Business in Greater China
- IBUS 593 Doing Business in Europe
- IBUS 594 Doing Business in Asia-Pacific Countries
- IBUS 596 Doing Business in Japan
- IBUS 598 Doing Business in Emerging Markets
Second Semester (12 units)
- IBUS 590 International Environmental Analysis (3 units)
- IBUS 690 Global Strategic Management (3 units)
(select two of the following 3-unit functional courses)
- IBUS 440 Advanced Import-Export Management
- IBUS 517 Legal Environment of World Business
- IBUS 566 Careers in International Business
- IBUS 618 International Human Resource Management
- IBUS 620 Research in International Business & the Global Market
- IBUS 638 Global Leadership
- IBUS 659 Introduction to International Business Negotiating
- IBUS 676 Social Entrepreneurship in a Global Context
- BUS 699 Special Study in International Business
Total units for certificate: 24
International Business Certificate
Selection for admission to the program will be based on student objectives, academic background, and recommendations as appropriate. In order to be admitted to the program, a candidate should have completed the equivalent of 56 units or more of undergraduate courses through course work and/or appropriate professional or other preparation. Grades in course work completed should be of an average level equivalent to a GPA of 2.3 or higher on a 4.0 U.S. scale, or an equivalent combination of educational and professional preparation, in her/his home country. English language ability must be demonstrated by adequate scores on the TOEFL examination (Test of English as a Foreign Language), or the Internet English Language Testing System (IELTS).
Certificate Application Form
- Download the Certificate Application (PDF).
You will need Adobe Reader to view this PDF file.
Accessibility Note: This PDF does not meet accessibility standards. If you encounter problems accessing the information, please contact us.
Admission & Registration Procedures
All candidates must complete the certificate program application form with a $100 processing fee payable to SFSU-CEL. Download the form above. After review of their academic, professional, and language preparations, students will be notified of their rejection or acceptance into the certificate program by the program coordinator. Students accepted into the program will be provided with registration materials.
Fees & Registration
Courses are $400 per unit. You may not register for courses without contacting the Program Advisor first.
Written English Proficiency Requirement
English proficiency at the conclusion of the program will be determined through evaluation of written papers in IBUS 590. Satisfactory performance in writing is required for both passing the IBUS 590 course and for completing the program.
Award of the International Business Certificate
The certificate will be awarded by the Dean of undergraduate studies, and will also be signed by the coordinator of the certificate program. Notice of issuance of the certificate will be entered on the students official academic record.
To apply for the certificate, download the application:
Certificate Approved Program - Generic Form