Short-Term Certificate Programs
SF State offers a professionally designed certificate program in which F-1 visa students can enroll. Experience the city of San Francisco while learning from industry experts in a specialized profession. Students in the certificate program are non-matriculated and these programs do not lead to a degree. Optional Practical Training is available upon completing the Paralegal Studies Certificate Program.
The Paralegal Studies Academic Credit Certificate Program is American Bar Association (ABA) approved. The program began at SF State in 1975 and continues to offer international students and U.S. residents courses to develop skills necessary to assist in legal matters of civil litigation (30 semester units of credit). The award of the certificate defines who may be called a paralegal.
- Completed application detailing your preparation and program goals
- Updated professional resume - some programs may require an interview
- Official, sealed transcripts from all colleges attended
- Passing TOEFL or IELTS score
- Proof of financial eligibility
- Student insurance and immunization
Session Dates & Tuition
Visit the Short-Term Certificate Programs page for full details.