Essential Construction Math
This construction math online class is self-paced and intended to develop mathematical skills that can be applied to the construction trade through practice and application. This course is an introduction to other courses in construction. While this class is not a prerequisite for any other classes, it does provide a foundation for them.
By the end of this class students will be able to:
- Use and understand all operations on fractions and decimals that are common to the construction industry.
- Convert measurements from fractions to decimals.
- Calculate area, and volume of various shapes.
- Convert measurements from cubic feet to cubic yards.
- Measure the volume of concrete footings, slabs, walls, and columns.
- Calculate board feet.
- Calculate and measure for basic constructions in wood and concrete.
Textbook: CP 9102 Essential Construction Math
Mathematics for Carpentry and the Construction Trades, by Alfred P. Webster and Kathryn B. Bright.
|Dates||Days and Times||Location||Faculty|
* Course Fee: $576
For access to online classes, visit https://ilearn.sfsu.edu, using your SFSU ID and password. Students must be registered and paid to have access to class.
Students will be sent a separate login for all Construction Professional courses for access here:
Contact your program staff for questions.
|Refund Code||Session||Full Refund||75% Refund||No Refund|
|CEL_2||CEU/Non-Credit - More than one-day classes||Class dropped one day prior to class start day||Class dropped on class start day||Class dropped on the second calendar day from class start day|
Last Update: Dec 11, 2018 1:51pm