Construction Blueprint Reading
This construction blueprint reading class covers a foundation skill in construction. All construction professionals, regardless of whether they are working in the field or in the office, must know how to read blueprints. Blueprint reading does require practice and some basic knowledge of blueprints.
This online blueprint reading course is designed to provide students with that foundation knowledge and enough practice at reading blueprints to get started. Mastery of blueprint reading will come with practice and with using blueprints on the job on a regular basis.
By the end of this blueprint reading online class students will:
- Have an elementary knowledge of blueprint reading as it relates to building construction projects;
- Understand in general terms the design process and the role of design professionals;
- Be able to find trade information using blueprints;
- Be able to answer basic construction questions related to layout and installation of materials at the jobsite;
- Be able to identify elementary problems or short comings of the blueprints in use.
Textbook: Construction Blueprint Reading
Link to: Blueprint Reading for Construction, 7th Edition Goodheart Wilcox, by Walter Brown and Daniel Dorfmuller. Be sure you are getting the correct edition of the book and, if you are buying a used book, make sure that all of the drawings are included.
Important Note!! Whoever you order the book from, be sure they include the blueprints with the textbook. The book comes with a set of blueprints we will use in class but some students have reported the book being sold at a discount without the blueprints.
|Dates||Days and Times||Location||Faculty|
* Course Fee: $576
Students must be registered and paid to have access to class. Students will be sent a separate login for all Construction Professional courses for access here:
Contact your program staff for questions.
|Refund Code||Full Refund||75% Refund||No Refund|
|CEL_1||Class dropped one day prior to class start day||N/A||Class dropped on or beyond class start day|
Last Update: Apr 19, 2019 12:32pm