Estimating and Bidding II
This Estimating and Bidding 2 course features hands-on estimating and quantity take off activities associated with Metals, Wood, Doors and Windows, Finishes, Electrical, and Mechanical Estimating. We will also focus on the preparation of work-place ready estimating documents.
By the end of this online class students will be able to:
- Estimate the conceptual cost of structural metals.
- Prepare quantity take off and estimate of rough carpentry.
- Prepare a quantity take off of roofing and waterproofing.
- Use unit prices to price doors and windows.
- Prepare quantity take off and estimate various finishes.
- Prepare a quantity take off and conceptual estimate of mechanical systems.
- Prepare a quantity take off and conceptual estimate of electrical systems.
The Certificate in Construction Estimating program includes this class.
To do well in this CP 9106 estimating and bidding online class students should already have the following skills.
- Know how to read blueprints
- Know how to use a spread sheet software such as Microsoft Excel, Numbers (Mac)
- Have a basic knowledge of construction estimating subjects including:
o Basic math skills.
o Estimating terminology (quantity take off, unit price, production rate, etc.).
o Use of the calculator and architectural scale.
- Be able to organize your work so it can be easily understood by others.
Students should consider taking Introduction to Construction Estimating and/or Construction Blueprint Reading if they need more information in these areas before taking this class. Those courses are not prerequisites but they will be a part of the Certificate in Construction Estimating. Estimating and Bidding 1 is not a prerequisite.
By the end of this class students will be able to:
- Perform quantity take offs and conceptual estimating for structural and miscellaneous metals.
- Prepare quantity take offs and estimates for rough carpentry and framing.
- Prepare quantity take
|Dates||Days and Times||Location||Faculty|
* Course Fee: $576
For access to online classes, visit https://ilearn.sfsu.edu, using your SFSU ID and password. Students must be registered and paid to have access to class.
Students will be sent a separate login for all Construction Professional courses for access here:
Contact your program staff for questions.
|Refund Code||Session||Full Refund||75% Refund||No Refund|
|CEL_2||CEU/Non-Credit - More than one-day classes||Class dropped one day prior to class start day||Class dropped on class start day||Class dropped on the second calendar day from class start day|
Last Update: Dec 11, 2018 1:51pm