Construction Materials and Processes
This Construction Materials and Processes online course will give the student an overall understanding of materials and methods. Each week we will study one specific material category, one specific construction process, and an overall construction system. The student will have the opportunity to expand the studies to include materials and processes which are normally encountered by the student in his/her work place.
In addition the student is expected to research and report on the session materials and processes with respect to sustainable or ¿green¿ construction.
By the end of this construction materials and processes online class students will:
- Be able to recognize quality control procedures for various materials.
- Be familiar with material manufacturing processes.
- Understand the physical limitations of the materials we are studying.
- Understand how the materials we are studying are used in construction.
- Know where to find information about materials when needed.
- Understand the regulatory environment under which materials are manufactured and incorporated into new structures.
- Know the relevant history of each material.
- Know the important aspects of how each material is used in construction processes.
Textbook: Construction Materials and Processes
Link to: Building Construction Illustrated, 5th Edition by Francis D. K. Ching and Cassandra Adams
|Dates||Days and Times||Location||Faculty|
* Course Fee: $576
For access to online classes, visit https://ilearn.sfsu.edu, using your SFSU ID and password. Students must be registered and paid to have access to class.
Students will be sent a separate login for all Construction Professional courses for access here:
Contact your program staff for questions.
|Refund Code||Session||Full Refund||75% Refund||No Refund|
|CEL_2||CEU/Non-Credit - More than one-day classes||Class dropped one day prior to class start day||Class dropped on class start day||Class dropped on the second calendar day from class start day|
Last Update: Dec 11, 2018 1:51pm