The purpose of this Construction Equipment and Methods online course is to give the student an overall understanding of construction equipment and selected construction methods. This includes selection, economy, and productivity of common construction equipment and construction procedures for site development and industrial, heavy and civil construction. The course will introduce students to civil construction plans, determining earthwork quantities, equipment economics and utilization, equipment production rates, fundamentals of earth moving and excavating, loading and hauling equipment.
By the end of this construction equipment and methods online class you will:
- Learn how to best utilize construction equipment on site work and heavy civil projects
- Become familiar with construction equipment and their capabilities
- Understand standard designations, sizes, and gradations of equipment
- Properly select heavy equipment based on applications, utilization, productivity, and other factors
- Understand the elements of equipment cost and evaluating investment alternatives
- Develop a basic understanding of unit price and earthwork quantities
- Develop an increased awareness of civil construction blueprints
- Be able to demonstrate awareness of construction safety related to earth moving operations
Textbook: Construction Equipment and Methods
Link to: Means Heavy Construction Handbook, 45th Edition by Richard C. Ringwald
CAT Handbook 46 Edition (free pdf download)
|Dates||Days and Times||Location||Faculty|
Course fee: $576
You will receive an email with login information from Construction Experts within 24 hours.
Please note: We begin this process 1 week prior to the start date.
|Refund Code||Full Refund||75% Refund||No Refund|
|CEL_1SUM||Class dropped one day prior to class start day||N/A||Class dropped on or beyond class start day|
Last Update: Jul 14, 2020 1:30pm