Leadership can be learned. While some people are natural born leaders, the rest of us have to learn how to be good leaders. Leadership is one of the most important skills a construction supervisor can master.
Motivation is a subject of extreme importance to anyone who supervises people. Motivated workers are happier, more productive, more satisfied with their job and more willing to put forth extra effort. The leader who truly understands human motivation will find much success in this industry.
By the end of this online class in leadership and motivation you should:
- Use various styles of leadership and determine what type of leadership behavior is appropriate for the situation
- Know the basics of the science of human motivation including the theories of Maslow and Hertzberg
- Be able to apply basic management skills, ideas and principles that will be allow you to function more efficiently as a construction supervisor
- Be able to lead by setting goals, by communicating openly and by setting a good example
- Be able to coach your workers to obtain the desired results
- Be able to get commitment from your workers and maintain control of your work crews
Textbook: Leadership and Motivation
STP Unit 1, Leadership and Motivation 6th Edition, Participants Manual
The cost of each textbook is approximately $156 plus shipping and handling. If you order a used book be sure you are getting the 6th edition.
Allow at least 5 working days between ordering the book and receiving it by the least expensive shipping. Foreign students should allow at least 2 to 3 weeks for delivery. You can have your book delivered more quickly by paying more for the shipping.
|Dates||Days and Times||Location||Faculty|
Course fee: $576
You will receive an email with login information from Construction Experts within 24 hours.
Please note: We begin this process 1 week prior to the start date.
|Refund Code||Full Refund||75% Refund||No Refund|
|CEL_1||Class dropped one day prior to class start day||N/A||Class dropped on or beyond class start day|
Last Update: Jul 06, 2020 7:49pm