Both oral and written communication carry a deep impact on the people you work with and the situations under which you work.
Communication is multi-faceted. It includes nonverbal communication, body language, listening, inflection, and written communication. Without quality skills in each of these categories you are putting yourself and your career at risk.
This online course is designed for you to become a more effective supervisor by becoming a more effective communicator. The skills you learn within the course will be put to use right away!
By the end of this Communication online class you will:
- Learn about the different forms of communication
- Understand how effective communications affect productivity
- Be able to effectively communicate within your company¿s communication system
- Be able to recognize and overcome barriers to communication
- Communicate with peers and supervisors effectively
- Harness the techniques of listening
- Apply your listening skills as a management method
- Control the nature and tempo of a conversation
- Learn to use questioning skills
- Learn how to use both open-ended and closed-ended questions
- Establish a negotiation strategy through which you will be able to reach commitment and agreement
- Communicating with difficult people
- Learn to communicate effectively with your crew
- Deliver better, more precise working instructions
- Learn how to offer corrective feedback
- Develop useful writing skills
- Learn to lead a successful meeting
- Understand why others have problems communicating with you
- Understand the basic functions and procedures of electronic communications
- Learn how to use the Internet and WWW for communications
- Be able to develop a plan for improving communications
Textbook: Oral and Written Communication for Construction Supervisors
STP Unit 2, Oral and Written Communications, 5th Edition.
The cost of each hard copy textbook is approximately $155 plus shipping and handling. All 2
|Dates||Days and Times||Location||Faculty|
Course Fee $576
Last Update: Oct 22, 2021 8:37am