This 6 online course will focus on identifying, managing and solving risk related construction problems. You will learn how to utilize select methods to reduce risk, prevent loss, and ensure a safe working environment. We will study the delegation of responsibility for safety, equipment maintenance, and common construction hazards. You will learn how to proactively reduce risk within the construction work environment. We will review proactive and reactive problem solving strategies in addition to the documentation, insurance policies, and reference materials available to the construction supervisor.
By the end of this 203P Risk Management Problem Solving online class you should:
- Understand the risk management duties of the construction supervisor
- Recognize risk within the construction work environment.
- Identify and encourage human factors to achieve a zero accident workplace.
- Be able to explain the indirect and hidden costs of construction accidents.
- Be able to establish a good construction safety program for your crew and job site even if your company does not have a formal safety program.
- Understand the roles of commitment, attitudes, and training within an effective safety program.
- Explain potential hazards similar to those that create the highest number of accidents and how they can be prevented.
- Know where to find reference material and information about OSHA standards, Guide Publications, and regulatory information.
- Understand how to manage crisis situations
- Know how to conduct accident investigations.
- Know how to prepare a plan for project loss control that includes construction insurance, protection of underground utilities, and controlling job site theft.
- Explain Experience Modification Rate and determine the effect the rate has on your labor costs. Be able to perform calculations using the EMR.
- Understand the role that construction contractual relationships play in controlling job site safety. This subject
|Dates||Days and Times||Location||Faculty|
Course fee: $576
|Refund Code||Full Refund||75% Refund||No Refund|
|CEL_1||Class dropped one day prior to class start day||N/A||Class dropped on or beyond class start day|
Last Update: Mar 27, 2020 9:08am