Construction Productivity and Cost Management
It is every supervisor's goal to complete their project on time and within the estimated budget. This Productivity and Cost Management course is intended to teach the skills necessary for effective control of construction costs at the job site.
We will study construction cost and apply principles and practices associated with cost awareness and production control to each element of the project. Cost control begins with the estimate and then continues through work and cost analysis, production scheduling, reporting, production control and ends with project evaluation. The information will be studied by solving common construction problems, the consideration of case studies and discussion of common cost control issues.
By the end of this class students will:
- Understand the estimating and quantity take-off process and how they are associated with construction cost control.
- Be familiar with the content of a typical construction estimate.
- Be able to evaluate subcontractors and participate in the subcontractor selection process.
- Know who has responsibilities for cost control and understand the risks associated with construction contracting.
- Learn how to increase productivity by using labor and equipment efficiently.
- Understand the general relationship among project estimating, productivity planning, measurement, project planning, scheduling and project control.
- Gain additional insight into the process of planning labor crews and preparing for labor costs.
- Know how to identify labor cost problems and solve the problems using project cost data.
- Learn several techniques for managing subcontractors at the job site.
- Learn strategies for using cost control data to influence the work and minimize negative cost impacts.
- Understand how to the evaluate project after completion and determine strategies for future projects.
- Know how to participate in a project debriefing and understand the value associated with debriefing.
|Dates||Days and Times||Location||Faculty|
* Course Fee: $576
For access to online classes, visit https://ilearn.sfsu.edu, using your SFSU ID and password. Students must be registered and paid to have access to class.
Students will be sent a separate login for all Construction Professional courses for access here:
Contact your program staff for questions.
|Refund Code||Session||Full Refund||75% Refund||No Refund|
|CEL_2||CEU/Non-Credit - More than one-day classes||Class dropped one day prior to class start day||Class dropped on class start day||Class dropped on the second calendar day from class start day|
Last Update: Dec 11, 2018 1:51pm