The purpose of this 305 Building Green online course is to provide construction professionals with information that will help them to effectively bid, contract, build and close out green building projects. We will explore the green building process from the contractor's and subcontractor's point of view.
By the end of this Building Green online class students will:
- Know how green building impacts material and equipment procurement
- Understand how construction scheduling and sequencing is impacted by green building
- Be familiar with the risks imposed by green construction
- Know how to reduce the risks of green construction
- Know how to find green construction impact information in the specifications and contract
- Be able to evaluate subcontractors and material suppliers for green projects
- Understand the construction delivery methods associated with green projects
- Understand green procurement and the contractors responsibilities for same
- Know how green building will impact the construction processes
- Understand green project close-out and commissioning
- Know how to work with an outside commissioning authority to complete the job
Textbook: Building Green Buildings: The Contractor's Perspective
Link to: Contractors Guide to Green Building Construction: Management, Project Delivery, Documentation, and Risk Reduction by Thomas E. Glavinich
|Dates||Days and Times||Location||Faculty|
Course fee: $576
You will receive an email with login information from Construction Experts within 24 hours.
Please note: We begin this process 1 week prior to the start date.
|Refund Code||Full Refund||75% Refund||No Refund|
|CEL_1SUM||Class dropped one day prior to class start day||N/A||Class dropped on or beyond class start day|
Last Update: Apr 21, 2021 11:03am