Construction Project Management
The purpose of this 308 Construction Project Management online course is to provide a framework for understanding the project manager¿s roles, responsibilities, processes and procedures. Student will learn the stages of the project, dispute resolution, project financing, feasibility, bidding and contracting..
Students will learn about cost and risk control as well as developing and applying policies and procedures. Other topics will include subcontractor management, purchasing and components of a good purchase order. Project start up and close out techniques will be covered.
See our Certificate in Project Management
By the end of this Construction Project Management online class students will:
- Know the different project delivery systems and how each affects the role of the project management team
- Understand owner feasibility studies, methods of delivery, programming and design
- Know how to manage the flow of project information during the various phases of the project.
- Be able to manage various types and sources of risk that are the primary responsibility of the project supervisor
- Understand the role of planning and scheduling in the pre-construction phase of a construction project
- Understand the how and why of estimating
- Be able to manage the mobilization and organization of a project in the field
- Understand the basics of expediting materials, equipment orders, and the inspection and approval processes
- Understand how project financing and insurance plays a role in modern construction management, cash flow, and project cost control
- Understand the typical contracts used in the construction industry
- Understand and recognize the Specifications and the Order of Precedence and its use in risk management
- Be able to coordinate the close out of a construction project.
- Determine the best course of action to getting paid
- Be able to apply subcontractor management techniques
- Understand how corporate policies and procedures c
|Dates||Days and Times||Location||Faculty|
Course fee: $576
|Refund Code||Full Refund||75% Refund||No Refund|
|CEL_1||Class dropped one day prior to class start day||N/A||Class dropped on or beyond class start day|
Last Update: Aug 16, 2019 2:23pm