Employers are welcome to submit job opportunities that may be filled by our students. Thank you for your interest in SF State.
Conference and Training Assistant
$49,918 - $73,486*, San Francisco, CA
The Office of the Circuit Executive, a division of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, is searching for a dynamic Conference and Training Assistant who would thrive in being part of a team responsible for a variety of judicial conferences, meetings and training events.
• Manages all aspects of event registration using CVENT or similar software, to provide administrative, meeting coordination, technical support, order fulfillment, financial tracking for the Ninth Circuit Judicial Conference, other circuit-related conferences, workshops, and meetings.
• Receives, accounts for, and supervises the deposit of funds, and processes all refunds related to the Conference. Follows a system of internal controls to assure proper segregation of accounting functions and error prevention.
• Responsible for production and shipment of Judicial Conference materials and on-site coordination. This involves scheduling on-site staff support, organizing the registration desk for larger conferences, registering participants, and providing support, tracking, and accounting for attendance at special events.
• Copies, collates and distributes agenda materials for committee meetings and programs as requested. Arranges conference calls, proofreads and assembles information for minutes, reports, and studies; and maintains unit files and Conference supplies.
• Researches restaurants and activities as assigned for the Conference or a specific meeting program.
A minimum of two years of experience working as conference administrative coordinator, or on event planning projects and:
• General knowledge of administrative practices with office management systems and procedures, as well as with office equipment; strong interpersonal skills; ability to work independently or in a team environment; demonstrated, proactive, problem-solving approach; excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to understand and apply established rules and procedures; ability to handle matters discreetly and confidentially; strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task; keen attention to details and exceptional customer service
• Proficiency with CVENT or similar event management software, MS Office products, including Word and Excel, is required
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Experience within the federal or state courts systems is preferred, though not required.
Total Rewards and Work-Life Balance
• Salary*: Depending on qualifications, experience, annual salary $49,918 to $73,486 (CL 24)
• Time off: 13 vacation days with increase after 3 years; 13 sick leave days; 10 paid holidays
• Benefits: Employer subsidized health and life insurance plans. Dental, vision, flexible spending account, long-term care plans available. Employer sponsored pension plan and supplemental retirement contribution plans with employer match.
• Other Perks: Telework opportunities, mass transit subsidy, reasonable work hours, team environment, creative people, and enhanced vacation accrual-based tenure.
How to Apply
Please submit a single PDF application packet through the Career Portal that includes: 1) cover letter detailing your qualifications and experience performing the representative duties, and 2) current resume.
Initial application review: Deadline extended through the week of October 21, 2019
If selected for an interview, tentative interview dates include: Week of October 28. Video conference interviews available.
Conditions of Employment
U.S. citizen or a permanent resident in the process of applying for citizenship. Temporary positions may be converted to permanent without further competition. Direct deposit of pay required. Provisionally hired pending results of background investigation and fingerprinting. Positions with the U.S. Courts are at-will, excepted service appointments, and may be terminated with or without cause by the Court. Employees are required to adhere to the Code of Conduct for Judicial Employees.
Equal Opportunity Employer
$49,918 to $73,486
Please apply at: U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit Employment
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
Employer City / Location:
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit