Event & Meeting Planning: Jobs
Submit a Job Listing
Employers are welcome to submit job opportunities that may be filled by our students. Thank you for your interest in SF State.
Sales Administrator for The Hibernia SF
Posted February 13, 2019
The Hibernia, a historic San Francisco Landmark, has recently been transformed into the city’s newest Premier Event Venue. This distinctive venue offers a much sought-after opportunity for high-end event clients in the corporate, wedding, fashion and art industries. We are seeking an entrepreneurial, business savvy professional for the role of Sales Administrator to join our team and help us achieve our goals. You will serve as point of contact for client inquiries for venue information and availability and provide support to the Director of Sales.
Our ideal candidate is goal-oriented and has a deep knowledge of customer service best practices. If you have exceptional organizational skills, an entrepreneurial spirit and an interest in being an integral part of a new venue in downtown San Francisco, we would like to meet you.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Respond to venue inquiries via email and phone in a professional and timely manner
- Manage venue listings and inquiries on Listing Platform Websites, such as Peerspace, Venue Report, and First Hold
- Schedule venue tours for clients and manage calendar on weekly basis
- Provide venue tours for high-end event clients, utilizing a hospitality approach
- Study and become well versed in the Venue Rules & Regulations and be able to effectively communicate guidelines to clients
- Manage Venue’s Social Media Accounts (Facebook, Instagram)
- Maintain Venue’s Marketing Materials, updating Venue Lookbook, FAQ, and Collateral Library as needed
- Proactively listen to needs and questions of the Venue’s clients, providing insight to the Management team and offering recommendations to inform marketing & sales strategy
- Student or Recent Grad, interested in sales and marketing, venue or event management and eager to gain hands-on experience working with a new Event Venue in Downtown San Francisco - High Level of Customer-Service; Customer Service or Sales Experience (a plus)
- Well versed in MS Office
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Attentive and Detail Oriented
- Friendly demeanor and positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- High Levels of Cultural Awareness
- A team player with high level of dedication
This is a part-time position, 15-20 hours a week.
The Hibernia SF
Employer City / Location:
The Hibernia SF
The Hibernia, a historic San Francisco Landmark, has recently been transformed into the city’s newest Premier Event Venue. This distinctive venue offers a much sought-after opportunity for high-end event clients in the corporate, wedding, fashion and art industries.
Centrally located at the intersection of Jones, McAllister and Market Street, The Hibernia is the epicenter of Mid-Market's burgeoning scene of hotels, restaurants & bars, museums, technology and upcoming developments. We are so excited to join our neighbors who are already upping the ante for San Francisco's hospitality industry.
We are looking for a motivated, entrepreneurial sales professional who is eager to bring new energy and new ideas to the table and to be an integral part of the next big thing.