The Human Resource Management Certificate Program teaches students how to develop staff, analyze processes and evolve workplace culture.
The program offers two certificates:
- Human Resource Management: Fundamentals (11.2 CEU)
- Human Resource Management: Professional (8.4 CEU)
Students may take individual courses based on professional goals (and prerequisites) or complete a full certificate.
Who Are Our Students?
This program serves students at many levels including those who are new to the HR field along with practicing professionals seeking career growth, and those studying for industry certifications. Find out more about our students in the Student Spotlight.
- Explore current HR trends and practices
- Produce plans that attract, compensate, retain and develop employees
- Integrate the goals of the organization and the employee experience to achieve greater organizational health and an equity-based culture
- Prepare for HR certifications
Cost & Length of Study
Human Resources Management: Fundamentals Certificate
Eight required classes completed in two years
Human Resources Management: Professional Certificate
Choose six additional courses of interest with an additional two years for completion
The HR Profession
The Human Resource Management Program provides a foundation to effectively apply proven HR practices in attracting and retaining motivated employees in support of organizational goals. HR professionals in our programs prepare for industry certifications, learn about current trends and how to partner with leadership to create a thriving workplace culture.
Prepare for certification by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM). The College of Extended Learning is an SHRM Recertification Provider.