The Human Resources Management Profession
The Human Resource Management Program provides a foundation to effectively apply proven HR practices in attracting and retaining motivated employees in support of organizational goals. HR professionals in our programs prepare for industry certifications, learn about current trends and how to partner with leadership to create a thriving workplace culture.
The Human Resource Management Certificate Program teaches students how to develop staff, analyze processes, and evolve workplace culture.
The program offers two certificates:
- Human Resource Management: Fundamentals (11.2 CEU)
- Human Resource Management: Professional (8.4 CEU)
Students may take individual courses based on professional goals (and prerequisites) or complete a full certificate.
This program serves students at many levels including those who are new to the HR field along with practicing professionals seeking career growth, and those studying for industry certifications.
- Explore current HR trends and practices
- Produce plans that attract, compensate, retain and develop employees
- Integrate the goals of the organization and the employee experience to achieve greater organizational health and an equity-based culture
- Prepare for HR certifications
Cost & Length of Study
The Human Resource Management: Fundamentals certificate program consists of eight required courses and costs approximately $3,120. Students in the Human Resource Management: Professional certificate program choose six courses based on goals and interests; the program cost is approximately $2,340. There is a non-refundable $50 application fee for each certificate requested. Coursework for the Fundamentals certificate must be completed within a period of two years. Additional coursework for the Professional certificate must be completed within two additional years. Fees are subject to change.