Employment Laws, Regulations and Compliance
This class is a survey of federal, state, and selected local statutes, regulations, and case law affecting the workplace, including laws that apply specifically to workplaces in California. Through a combination of lecture and interactive class exercises, students will learn and apply principles and practices that prepare them to work anywhere in the United States, with specific state and local laws and regulations included for comparison and contrast.
- Recognizing applicable laws affecting hiring, termination, and employee management in the workplace.
- Analyzing and applying employment laws to common workplace situations.
- Locating sources of legal information related to HR and determining when additional legal support should be sought.
|Dates||Days and Times||Location||Faculty|
|3/21/18-4/11/18||Wed, 6:00PM-9:30PM||DTC 619||Jonathan Wong
* Course Fee: $390
* Class meets at the Downtown Campus in the Westfield San Francisco Centre, 835 Market Street.
* Instructor: Jonathan McNeil Wong
|Refund Code||Full Refund||75% Refund||No Refund|
|CEL_2||Class dropped one day prior to class start day||Class dropped on class start day||Class dropped beyond class start day|
Last Update: Feb 21, 2018 10:27am