This course examines employer/employee relations and is designed for human resources management (HRM) generalist practitioners and anyone who supervises other employees. Topics discussed include employee engagement, organizational communications, workplace safety, disciplinary actions, conflict and dispute resolution, and labor relations. The topics addressed in this course are drawn from the Human Resource Certification Institute and Society for Human Resource Management bodies of knowledge. Students work together to review and analyze case studies applying laws and practical approaches to HR issues.
- Explain management and employee rights and analyze the balancing interests
- Identify the elements of workforce engagement and methods of measuring and affecting it
- Apply performance management techniques when dealing with underperforming employees
- Argue the merits of unionization and responses to union organizing activities
- Differentiate between types of dispute/conflict resolution process
Course fee: $390
To access the online class, visit http://ilearn.sfsu.edu to log in after registration and payment using SF State ID and password.
|Refund Code||Full Refund||75% Refund||No Refund|
|CEL_2||Class dropped one day prior to class start day||Class dropped on class start day||Class dropped beyond class start day|
Last Update: Sep 20, 2021 8:40am