From Diversity to Equity: Managing Institutional Transformation
An organization that prioritizes and promotes equity among all staff can improve employee motivation, relations, and retention. One way toward equity is through the practice of cultural humility, a perspective that values lifelong engagement, self-analysis, and active listening with the motivation to learn. Using cultural humility as a cornerstone, we will examine elements of equity that can be used to create a more inclusive workplace. In addition to identity, diversity, and inclusion, students will study EEO laws and other related workplace requirements.
- Discussing benefits of a multicultural workplace that values equity.
- Increasing communication skills and developing strategies to increase equity.
- Identifying varying layers that compose public identity.
- Reviewing EEO hiring practices and laws related to issues of identity.
|Dates||Days and Times||Location||Faculty|
|8/16/19-8/16/19||Fri, 10:00AM-5:00PM||DTC 622||Patricia Hyland|
|8/17/19-8/17/19||Sat, 10:00AM-5:00PM||Patricia Hyland|
Course Fee: $390
* Class meets at the Downtown Campus in the Westfield San Francisco Centre, 835 Market Street.
|Refund Code||Full Refund||75% Refund||No Refund|
|CEL_2SUM||Class dropped one day prior to class start day||Class dropped on class start day||Class dropped beyond class start day|
Last Update: Aug 16, 2019 2:23pm