Human Resource Management (HRM): Job Listings
Submit a Job Listing
Employers are welcome to submit job opportunities that may be filled by our students. Thank you for your interest in SF State.
Recruiter for Hamilton Families
Posted November 7, 2018
Program and Position Overview
The Recruiter supports human resources functions within the organization, including performing a variety of duties in the areas of employee recruitment and hiring, coordinating onboarding of new employees, HRIS management, coordinating and delivering training, employee relations, rewards and engagement, and other projects as assigned. Primarily, this position will focus on recruitment and hiring.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all aspects of recruiting and hiring process: identifying high-yield applicant sources, posting available positions, reviewing applications for open positions, working with hiring managers to screen applicants, scheduling applicant interviews, checking employment references, preparing employment offers, scheduling new employee orientations and working closely with managers to ensure successful onboarding and training plan for newly hired employees.
- Ensure accurate and up-to-date job descriptions for all positions and support hiring managers in the development of job descriptions.
- Ensure a high-quality applicant experience.
- Enter, track, and prepare reports on data related to recruitment, hiring, and onboarding of new employees.
- Provide orientation presentations to newly hired employees.
- Provide training to managers and employees on a variety of HR related topics.
- Ensure accurate and up-to-date labor related information is available to employees; fulfill annual notification requirements as required under the San Francisco Non-Profit Public Access Ordinance.
- Respond to employee questions about HR concerns and to external requests for employment and income verifications.
- Administrative duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field.
- Minimum of one year HR-related experience, with strong preference for experience in a nonprofit and/or unionized setting.
- In-depth knowledge of leveraging HRIS systems – experience with ADP strongly preferred.
- Experience handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal laws, rules and regulations governing fair employment practices.
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills; able to successfully meet deadlines.
- Self-directed; able to take initiative and to work successfully as a project leader or team member.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong ability to communicate successfully across all levels of the organization.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Sensitivity to the needs of families experiencing homelessness; able and willing to work with diverse staff and program participants.
- Criminal background check and fingerprint imaging required post offer.
- TB (tuberculosis) clearance and documentation required post-offer.
- Essential job functions include using a telephone and working at a standard computer terminal; able to perform job duties with reasonable ergonomic accommodations; able to sit and stand for long intervals, reach, bend, lift and carry up to 40 pounds, and walk up and down several flights of stairs several times every shift.
To apply, please submit your cover letter + resume through the job listing site.
DOE ($51,000–$55,255/annually) + full benefits
Employer City / Location:
Our mission is to end family homelessness in the San Francisco Bay Area. Established in 1985, Hamilton Families is San Francisco's leading service provider to homeless families, with carefully designed programs to prevent homelessness, provide shelter and stability, return families to permanent housing and support the well-being of children experiencing homelessness. We currently operate these programs across six sites in San Francisco and Oakland. For more information, visit Hamilton Families.
Compensation and Benefits
Hamilton Families offers a competitive wage and benefits package that includes employer-paid major medical and dental coverage, life and disability insurance, an employer-contributed retirement plan, and generous paid vacation, sick and holiday leave.