Music/Recording Industry: Certificate
The Music/Recording Industry certificate is under review and is not admitting new students at this time. Please contact the College of Extended Learning for further information.
Music/Recording Industry Certificate
The certificate program requires completion of 24 semester units. Nine of these units are to be taken from the general required courses listed below. The emphasis track courses for audio engineering or music business music be completed as well. The remaining units may be chosen from the list of elective courses. Students are also required to take a minimum of two workshops prior to completion of the program.
Music/Recording Industry Certificate Program Admission
To be admitted to the MRI program, students should have at least 60 units of academic credit with a minimum GPA of 2.0 or sufficient experience to demonstrate that they can perform upper division work. However, students who do not have 60 units are encouraged to apply and may be admitted to the program on a conditional basis.
General Required Courses
- MRI 310 Beginning Music Recording Workshop (3 units)
- MRI 350 History of the Popular Music Industry (3 units)
- MRI 315 Intermediate Music Recording Workshop (3 units)
- MRI 316 Pro Tools 101 (1 unit)
- MRI 320 Music Mixing Workshop (3 units)
- MRI 380 Field Study in Audio Engineering (Internship Course) (1-3 units)
- MRI 331 Introduction to the Music Industry (3 units)
- MRI 355 Music Industry Career Planning (3 units)
- MRI 362 Music Publishing (3 units)
- MRI 380 Field Study in Music Business (Internship Course) (1-3 units)
- MRI 334 Popular Music Marketing (3 units)
- MRI 336 The Art & Business of Songwriting (2 units)
Music/Recording Industry Certificate Application
Certificate of Completion Request
Once you have completed the necessary coursework, submit the Certificate of Completion Request Form: