Spring 2018: January 22, 2018 - May 24, 2018
Open University allows you to take space-available SF State undergraduate and graduate classes without formal admission to the University.
Who should take Open University?
- Community college students who want to graduate sooner by taking upper-division coursework before transferring to a university
- College students who need to improve their GPA before re-enrolling at SF State or another university
- Anyone who wants to change their work by gaining new skills or knowledge
- Anyone who wants to learn something new about a favorite subject
- High school students who are ready to take college-level classes and have completed their junior year*
Who is ineligible to take Open University classes?
If you are a matriculated** SF State student, you are unable to enroll in Open University.
How many Open University units can I use toward my undergraduate or graduate degree at SF State?
You can apply up to 24 undergraduate units toward a bachelor’s degree or six graduate units toward a master’s degree at SF State.
How much does it cost?
$395 per unit. Fees are the same if you are a California resident, an out-of-state or international visitor. Tuition is subject to change.
How do I register?
See the Open University Registration page.