Review Class Schedule and Get Permit Number
The Sierra Nevada Field Campus Director will provide you with a permit number for your desired course(s). Send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you do not already have an SF State student record (ID and password) you must first create one through the Quick Admit process before you can register for classes.
- If you already have an SF State student record, please skip to Step Three.
- If you are a returning student you can look up your SF State Identification Number online using your Social Security Number and birthdate. Go to Look Up SF State ID Using SSN & Birthday.
Quick Admit (Establish Yourself in the System)
- Go to Quick Admit
On the Welcome to SF State's College of Extended Learning screen, select one of the following under Program to Enroll:
Register for Postbac Academic Credit Course
(You have a bachelor’s degree and wish to take academic credit courses and/or Open University.)
Register for Undergrad Academic Courses
(You DON’T have a bachelor’s degree and wish to take academic credit courses and/or Open University.)
- Register for Postbac Academic Credit Course
- Select Summer 2017. Click Continue.
- Complete the Student Information screen.
- If you are successful, your SF State ID will be displayed. Within 45 minutes, you should receive an email explaining how to create a password and SF State student email account.
- If you are not successful, you will need to contact SF State College of Extended Learning at 415.405.7700 (option 5).
Send Email Request to Register
- Send an email to email@example.com
- In the Subject Line put: SNFC Registration Request
- In the body of the email we need only the following: First/Last name, SF State ID number, four-digit Class Number, Permit Number, and whether you will pay by check or credit card.
Course Fee Payment
Payment by Credit Card: Pay immediately after being enrolled.
If you are able to access your student record with your SF State ID and Password and want to pay by credit card or echeck rather than mailing in a payment, after you are enrolled you will be contacted to pay, please follow the steps below for paying online. Payment by credit card or echeck cannot be done by phone. It can only be done by you within your student record. If you need assistance with your SF State ID or Password/reset code, please call Extended Learning Enrollment Service for assistance: 415.405.7700 (extension 5), Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 5:00pm.
From inside your Student Center:
- Select Account Inquiry under the Finances section in the middle of the page on left hand side
- Select Account Summary > Charges Due
- Select Make a Payment
- Select Your Account > Click here to make a payment
- Complete your payment
Payment by Check: Due to Extended Learning no later than one week before the start date of the class.
Students should mail completed registration form (PDF) and check made out to SFSU-CEL with their nine-digit SF State ID in the Memo section immediately after being enrolled in the course(s).
Mail to the following address:
SF State University
College of Extended Learning
835 Market Street, 6th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94103
ATTN: ENROLLMENT SERVICES
Payment by Subsidy/Third Party
Please follow the steps below if a third party agency is paying for your courses.
The Third Party Agency should send a Third Party Contract Authorization Letter to the Subsidy Specialist at SF State Extended Learning. The letter can be faxed to 415.338.7290, emailed as PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailed to:
SF State Extended Learning
Attn: Subsidy Specialist
1600 Holloway Avenue, ADM 450
San Francisco, CA 94132
If the Third Party Contract Authorization Letter requires additional signature/s from Extended Learning, please allow 4 to 8 weeks for approval & signatures.
- Immediately following registration, students MUST contact the Extended Learning Subsidy Specialist at 415.817.4248 or email@example.com to ensure they are not dropped for non-payment of course fee by payment deadline.
Please call Extended Learning Enrollment Services and Student Services with any questions you may have about registration and payment.
Phone: 415.405.7700, extension 5
Hours: Monday - Friday: 9:00am - 5:00pm