What is Project Management?
Project Management is the discipline of planning, organizing and managing resources in a way that allows a project to be completed within defined scope, quality, time and cost constraints.
Effective project management requires knowledge and skills to successfully coordinate a wide diversity of people and tasks. Managers, self-directed work groups, team leaders and coordinators can all benefit from professional project management training.
Project Management Institute (PMI)®
Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.)®
As a Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.)® of project management training, the program is based on the Project Management Institute (PMI), Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide). SF State Extended Learning abides by PMI established quality assurance criteria.
Just the Facts
- The PMP exam is changing on March 26, 2018. If you schedule your exam on March 26 or later, you will receive an updated version of the exam that references the PMBOK® Guide – Sixth Edition.
- Anyone taking the exam prior to March 26, 2018 will receive the current version of the exam that references the PMBOK® Guide – Fifth Edition.
We will offer an online Exam Prep class before the March 2018 exam date. After that, we will begin offering the Exam Prep class for the PMBOK® Guide – Sixth Edition.
Project Management Curriculum
The Project Management program offers three certificates:
- Project Management Professional Certificate (for students breaking in to this field)
- Project Management Fundamentals Certificate (for a less expensive option if you are just starting out)
- Online Project Management Fundamentals Certificate (convenient option)
Students may also choose to pursue certification through PMI. (Visit the Project Management Institute for PMI® certification requirements.)
Students may complete a full certificate or simply take individual courses to learn more and further personal growth.
The curriculum provides in-depth training in the essential elements of initiating and completing a successful project, including scheduling, estimating, risk management, and developing interpersonal skills to manage teams in the most effective and efficient manner.
Learn the tools and develop the skills that will set you apart!
Project Management Online Training
The SF State Extended Learning Project Management program offers online courses that can be taken individually or as part of a certificate. Online and in-class offerings may be mixed to complete a certificate.