SF State offers international students the opportunity to earn master's and doctoral degrees in a wide array of academic areas, including business, education, ethnic studies, health and social services and liberal and creative arts.
- Check program requirements.
- Apply online and pay application fee (select the semester you intend to apply, then set up your account and apply), print out the record and include it in the application package
- Some majors/departments require a separate application form. Check Application Deadlines for International Students.
- Official TOEFL or IELTS report (TOEFL: minimum iBT 80, MBA requires iBT 96; IELTS: 7.0; PTE: 60)
- Most majors require GRE or GMAT score (depending on majors)
- Minimum GPA 3.0 (some majors require higher)
- Official University Transcript(s) and Proof of Bachelor’s degree
- Financial statement
- Sponsor Letter
- Medical Insurance Agreement (PDF)**
- Others (e.g., recommendation letters, personal statement, resume, depending on majors)
Please mail application package to:
International Graduate Admissions
San Francisco State University
1600 Holloway Avenue
San Francisco, California 94132
Also notify the Office of International Programs. Please check Application Deadlines for International Students for application deadline and requirement of specific major departments.
Note: Please be sure to provide student’s personal email address for communication purposes.
*Visit the How to Apply - International page for full details.
**You will need Adobe Reader to view this PDF file.
Dates & Tuition
Master’s & Doctoral Degree Programs for International Students
Director of Graduate Admissions & Academic Services