Build your career through the MBA program at SF State
Experienced faculty deliver a rigorous curriculum designed to prepare you with the skills to confidently resolve real-world business challenges. Become a full-time or part-time graduate business student and pursue your general MBA degree, a concentration in sustainable business, or choose an area of emphasis.
The Executive MBA program at San Francisco State University has been a leading institution for quality business education in the Bay Area for over ten years.
The College of Business is one of just 15% of all business schools in the world that meet the rigorous standards for accreditation by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International (AACSB International). As a meaningful contributor to Bay Area leadership talent, we challenge our students to apply their skills to address business issues on a local and global level.
- Must have seven or more years of full-time professional work experience
- GMAT waived
- Distinguished faculty
- Placement in cohort of diverse industry professionals
- Weekend classes, twice a month
- Thought Leadership speaker series
- Seven or more years of business experience
- Have earned a four-year bachelor's degree
You may enroll part-time to pursue the Executive MBA program. For information on how to apply, see Graduate Admissions and Application Deadlines.
The Bridge MBA program allows students with a three-year bachelor's degree admittance to the SF State MBA program on a conditional basis. These students take six foundation courses that count toward the MBA program. Courses are taken at the SF State Downtown Campus.
- Time frame: 12 months
- For those with a three-year bachelor's degree from non-U.S. universities
- Conditional admission into our MBA program
- Complete six courses in first year
- Transfer these six courses to MBA program
- Earned a bachelor's degree with a minimum of GPA 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) in last 60 units (or 3.0 GPA in all undergraduate work)
- Complete the Cal State Apply application
- Submit all college transcripts
- Take the GMAT exam (average GMAT score 570, minimum AWA 4.5)
- A TOEFL, IELTS or PTE score that meets the College of Business minimum
- Personal Statement
- Two Letters of Recommendation
Once admitted to the Bridge MBA Program:
- Student must complete 18 units (6 courses) from the list of courses offered for the Bridge MBA Program and maintaining an average GPA of 3.0.
- Student will meet with the graduate student adviser every semester prior to registering for classes.
- Previous business courses cannot be used to waive foundation or advanced courses.
- Student must take the BUS 714 Writing course if the GMAT AWA is below 4.5.
After completing the Bridge MBA program requirements, the conditional admission will be lifted and the student can be admitted to the MBA program and/or receive a certificate in business.
View the SF State Bulletin > Business Graduate Programs for additional information on the MBA program.