Summer in San Francisco
A Complete University Experience in San Francisco
Exclusive Program for Partner Universities in Taiwan
Experience the City
- Spend your summer immersed in the culture of one of the most diverse and exciting cities in the world
- Experience everything San Francisco and the Bay Area have to offer
- Enjoy planned trips, social activities and visits to high-tech companies
Earn University Credit
- Take one university course (three credits) at San Francisco State University (SF State)
- After successful completion of the program, you will be eligible to receive an official SF State transcript
- You may be able to transfer the credits back home or to other universities around the world
Be Part of SF State
- Be part of the American university experience while you live on-campus in a student apartment
- On-campus housing has everything you need, including social activities, WiFi, shared common space and a meal plan
- Immerse yourself in campus culture and make lifelong friends
In the Summer in San Francisco Program You Will
- Study and live in a real American university campus
- Visit San Francisco neighborhoods famous for their unique culture, arts, businesses and more
- Experience San Francisco like locals do!
- See firsthand how innovation and entrepreneurship influenceevery aspect of life in San Francisco, from technology to food
- Receive an unlimited transportation pass for local buses and trains
Program Dates & Fees
Three-Week Session* - $3,500**
Program Fee Includes:
- Three undergraduate units
- Room and board (breakfast and dinner daily)
- An unlimited transportation pass for local buses and trains
- A robust orientation program and ongoing advising services
An activities program with:
- Outdoor recreation, cultural events and sports
- Visits to San Francisco neighborhoods famous for their unique culture, arts, music, food, businesses and more
- Volunteer opportunities
- Guest speakers from local industries
*Program can be offered to university partners only, from June 3, 2019 - August 2, 2019 for cohorts of 15 or more.
Dates will be customized for each group.
**Program can be arranged for other dates with off-campus housing. Fee may vary.
- Graduated from high school or at least 18 years of age by start of the program
- Copy of transcripts in English to assist with advising and course placement
- TOEFL iBT 61, IELTS 6.0 or the equivalent
SF State Campuses
The Main Campus is located in a quiet and safe neighborhood near the Pacific Ocean.
The Downtown Campus is located in the heart of the business district, near social media companies, including Twitter, Pinterest and Yelp; and new economy companies, including Airbnb and Uber.
Contact the SF State Center for Global Engagement at email@example.com.