R1: May 31, 2022 - July 1, 2022 or
R3: July 5, 2022 - August 5, 2022
(Student can take 1 - 2 classes. Not all courses are offered in every session.)
August 22, 2022 - December 16, 2022
Fall 2022 orientation will be Wednesday, August 17, 2022. All new students are required to attend.
January 30, 2023 - May 26, 2023
Spring 2023: November 15, 2022
*Late applications will be considered. Students will be accepted on a space-available basis.
Annual Tuition/Fees and Cost of Living
|Certificate Program||Tuition and Fees||Living Expenses*||Total Fees*|
|Hospitality and Tourism Management||$12,648||$26,251||$38,899|
*Estimated costs presented. Actual costs may vary. Tuition and fees based on full-time enrollment (12 units) for two semesters.
Certificate students pay the following tuition and mandatory fees per semester:
Tuition: $395 x number of units enrolled
Mandatory fees: $132 x number of units enrolled
Mandatory fees include:
- A robust orientation program
- Personalized advising services
- Course registration assistance to ensure you are on track to complete certificate
- An activities program with:
- Outdoor recreation, cultural events and sports
- Visits to San Francisco neighborhoods famous for their unique culture, arts, music, food, businesses and more
- Guest speakers from local industries
Optional fees (non-refundable, subject to change):
- Muni: $200 per semester. Unlimited monthly transportation pass for local buses and trains.
- Mashouf Wellness Center: $185 spring or fall semester, $87 summer semester. Semester access to the Mashouf Wellness Center, including state of the art fitness and aquatics facilities, and a recreation and outdoor program.
All candidates should have completed the equivalent of 56 units of undergraduate courses with a GPA of at least 2.3 in all courses and 2.5 in business, management or hospitality courses. English language ability must be demonstrated by adequate scores on one of the following tests, or certification by appropriate academic personnel. Please review the English Proficiency Requirement page for details.
Optional Practical Training offers international students the opportunity to work up to one full year in the United States after nine months of full-time study. Please confirm eligibility for OPT with the admissions coordinator.
The registration policy applies to tuition and mandatory/miscellaneous fees. Optional fees are non-refundable.
Tuition, mandatory/miscellaneous, and optional fees will be finalized and posted after the ‘last day to drop with full refund’ as listed in Important Dates. Full payment of tuition and fees must be received within the day all fees are posted and census date as listed in the Academic Calendar.
In the case of third party payment, the party responsible for payments should send an Authorization to Bill letter to email@example.com. SF State will send invoices to the third party after census date. All tuition and fees will appear in the student center until payment is processed/received.
For class or program withdrawal, contact the Center for Global Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org.