Our highly structured programs are intended for students that have already earned a bachelor's degree and wish to apply to U.S. health professional schools. The programs are suitable for those taking prerequisite courses for the first time, those retaking prerequisite courses, and those taking a combination of first-time and retaken prerequisites. These prerequisites consist of a combination of science, math and social science courses. Participants are also welcome to choose among the many science and public health electives we offer. Because of the broad range of courses we offer, our programs are suitable for students interested in applying to the following health professional schools:
- Medical (Allopathic, Osteopathic, Naturopathic, etc.)
- Physical Therapy
- Physician Assistant
- Enrollment in courses is reserved for our post-bac students.
- Cohort structure: students are organized into mutually supportive cohorts of as many as 60 students each. This feature emphasizes cooperation rather than competition.
- Flexibility: Students are not required to take classes they have already completed and done well in, electives can be taken as needed, and part-time enrollment is possible.
- Students in the program will receive a high level of staff support and personalized academic advising.
- A committee writes detailed letters of evaluation for students upon completion of the certificate.
- Auxiliary course work is offered each semester in the form of discussion sections (SCI classes) designed to further enhance learning.
- Professional development colloquia are offered during the first and final semesters for students to assess their career goals, develop effective application strategies, and create community.
- We have created a nationally recognized program with a modern curriculum, high standards and a high success rate that is successfully training the healthcare leaders of tomorrow.