Semester @ SF State is a program that provides international students with the opportunity to take one or two semesters of academic courses at San Francisco State University. Students can choose from a wide variety of classes in over a 100 different disciplines on a space available basis. Students can take classes in business, engineering, design, communications, international relations, social sciences and more.
Semester @ SF State will allow you to:
- Enroll in 12 units (undergraduate) or 9 units (graduate) of SF State academic courses per semester
- Study at SF State campus along with SF State students for one or two semesters
- Experience exciting American university life with over 200 student organizations
- Receive an official SF State transcript showing your earned course units
- Course units and grades may transfer back to your home institution
** Fall 2020 Tuition: $4,740 only (Reduced from $6,700) **
Confirmation Fee: $100
Semester Tuition: $6,700
Estimated Semester Living Expenses: $11,566
Total Cost of Attendance per Semester: $18,366
*For all partners, we cover the cost of shipping DS-2019 forms to the partner office. If students want documents mailed to their home, they will need to pay for shipping.
Students from partner universities will attend the Semester @ SF State program as J-1 exchange visitors. One of the goals of the exchange visitor program is for participants to have the opportunity to engage more broadly with Americans and share their own cultures with their U.S. host communities.
All J-1 students are expected to contribute to the internationalization of SF State through campus and community engagement. More details about opportunities to contribute will be shared during the mandatory J-1 student orientation.
Please contact the Director of Recruitment and Partner Relations, Alexander Chang at email@example.com to confirm if your institution is an SF State partner.