Summer in San Francisco (5 weeks)
A complete University experience in San Francisco!
Experience the City
Spend your summer immersed in the culture of one of the most diverse and exciting cities in the world! Enjoy everything San Francisco and the Bay Area have to offer, including planned trips, social activities and visits to high-tech companies!
Earn University Credit
Take two university courses (six credits) at San Francisco State University (SF State). After successful completion of the program, you will be eligible to receive an official SF State transcript. You may be able to transfer the credits back home or to other universities around the world.
Be Part of SF State
Be part of the American university experience while you live on-campus in a student apartment. On-campus housing has everything you need, including social activities, WiFi, shared common space and a meal plan. Immerse yourself in campus culture and make lifelong friends!
In the Summer in San Francisco Program You Will
- Study and live in a real American university campus
- Visit San Francisco neighborhoods famous for their unique culture, arts, businesses and more
- See firsthand how innovation and entrepreneurship influence every aspect of life in San Francisco, from technology to food
- Receive an unlimited transportation pass for local buses and trains
- Experience San Francisco like locals do!
- Graduated from high school or at least 18 years of age by start of the program
- Copy of transcripts in English to assist with advising and course placement
- TOEFL iBT 61, IELTS 6.0 or the equivalent
Program Dates & Fees*
|Program Dates||Length of Program||Tuition Fee||Housing Fee||Application Deadline*|
Note: Program fee will be due in full one week after the priority deadline.
*Students are encouraged to apply early. Applications may be accepted after the priority deadline on a space available basis.
June - August
|5 weeks||$3,599||$2,000 ~ $2,250||
April 15 - session 1
May 15 - session 2
Program Fee includes:
- Six undergraduate units
- Room and board (breakfast and dinner daily)
- An unlimited transportation pass for local buses and train
- A robust orientation program and ongoing advising services
An activities program with:
- Outdoor recreation, cultural events and sports
- Visits to San Francisco neighborhoods famous for their unique culture, arts, music, food, businesses and more
- Volunteer opportunities
- Guest speakers from local industries
Courses will be available online on the SF State Class Schedule.
Contact the SF State Center for Global Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org.